Florence Filter is seeking a motivated and organized individual to identify purchasing needs, negotiate/manage vendors, manage inventory, and support the Sales Team. We offer training, Salary, and Healthcare Benefits.
Florence Filter manufactures and distributes air filtration products to help keep the air we breathe clean. Our air filters are present in air conditioners and heating units in hospitals, office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, and schools. We have been the industry leader in providing high quality products and services to our customers for over 45 years. Our company is poised for rapid growth and would love for you to join our team!
- Establish lowest overall cost of goods while ensuring timely goods fulfillment
- Optimize logistics around best freight rates and delivery times
- Provide support for the sales team and customers through prompt response and clear communication
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to supply customers needs
* You MUST be a problem solver and take initiative. Computer proficiency and knowledge of Spreadsheets is needed!
- Place purchase orders (stock, special order, direct/drop shipment, repeat orders)
- Confirm vendor receipt of POs and verify accuracy against FFC PO
- Negotiate best price point for news products / Renegotiate best price point for current products (maintain 3+ vendors for each product)
- Identify new product sources/Vendors and develop/maintain rapport with contacts for healthy long-term business relationships
- Establish logistics for inbound shipments from Vendors and direct/drop shipments from Vendors to Customers
- Create part numbers within ERP/CRM systems
- Source specialized products and components to meet sales team and customers needs
Reporting & Tools:
- Open Order Report (Due Mondays @ Operations Meeting)
- Review all Open Sales Orders for Status Updates
- Provide status/explanation for items beyond 1 week
- Open Purchase Order Report to track open purchase orders for follow-up.
- Inventory Turnover Report
- Inventory Reorder Report*Administrative:*
- Maintain Vendor Information and Files
- Maintain ERP system
- Maintain Specification files for filter products.
- Be part of the Front Office and work as a team to accomplish tasks
Pricing & Quotations - RFQs
- Provide pricing to sales on Sourced Products, Special Order Items and Custom Products.
- Provide Sales Department with freight charges to outsourced purchases (inbound freight expenses).
- Provide pricing & logistics on large bids to customers
Full-time Salaried PositionOffice Hours M-F from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is DOE. You will be paid bi-weekly. Benefits: United Health Care options, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Keywords: Buyer, Buying, Procurement, Vendor Management, PO, Purchasing